Best Buds Layout

Hi folks,

***Sorry this post was meant to be scheduled for the 25th but what with the rush of fitting in a last minute holiday as the last one was a disaster, I didn't press 'Publish' - eek, shame on me... anyhoo, sidelining past that now... here is what you should have seen:***

I'm up over on 49 and Market today with my layout, 'Best buds'. With the summer here and holidays galore going on left, right and centre, I thought I'd whizz back a couple of years to where my son really got to grips with the beach and the sea! Of course, with the help of his Dad. Such a strong bond of trust was built that year between the two and as a result a once nervous boy is never afraid to go near the ocean if his Dad is around. Now he takes him swimming once a week at the local pool and there is even talk of Kayaks when we next go on holiday...! (Save me now) 

This is where that beautiful friendship started... :)


To see all these lovely 49 and Market products please hop across to the blog here and I have a list of all wonderful products I used.


Check out these gorgeous flowers - I created a sea of them under and around the photo. Used some white gesso to alter and distress them. Plus those circles in the background... only happen to be Gabi's gorgeous stitched circle stamp set too!

I also used products from Dusty Attic, String Frame and Best Friends Word Pack. Some Prima IOD Water Soluble Pastels, glass glitter and gems. Linda's EP for the string frame and Izinks acrylic inks for general splatter merriment and for the 'Best Friends' bit. Didn't even have to gesso the chippie first - the inks are that good!!

I'd like to enter this layout at:

More Than Words (for August - use circles and the word 'Friend')



Dusty Attic (for August - check out that fab mood board)



As always, thank you for stopping by, I really do appreciate all the lovely words you leave me!
Massive hugs
Gee
x



28 comments

  1. Hi Georgie!
    Oh my goodness, your layout is fabulous!! You've created a stunning backdrop for that wonderful photo of your son and husband. It's a gorgeous mix of mixed media meets shabby with an edge to it. You truly possess a special touch, an eye for color, and attention to detail that is amazing. I don't know how you do it, but I love it. I enlarge the photos of your all projects as much as I can just to take it all in. Your flowers here are ever so pretty. There is layer upon layer of stamping, paint, embossing, and embellishments here. There is NO way to replicate the special beauty that you achieve in your designs. I tried to do my own take of your under the sea tag, but it was an epic fail and ended up in the trash bin. That's okay. I'm completely content to sit with my cup of tea and watch you as you work your magic!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GORGEOUS layout Georgie, you have interpreted the challenge perfectly. Love that photo and you have showcased it sooooo well. The 49and Market products look amazing too. 😄😄 Thanks so much for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Georgie. Love all the texture and the beautiful colours you used. Perfect for the beach photo. Love it!!!
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Georgie! The clustering is fab and the photo fits the theme so well. Thanks for playing along at both More Than Words and The Dusty Attic this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow your layers are always yummy to look at,awesome layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always such gorgeous textures and details!!! Love seeing your creations...Thank you so much for once again playing with us at the Dusty Attic...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous my friend!!! Thank you fpr playing with us @ MtW and Dusty Attic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very beautiful sweetie! I really love the forresty textures, I want to touch it all in real! Love this amazing creation of yours! I think you will be in the top picks at MTW!!Gorgeous sweetie, your work is unique and one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful way to showcase that fabulous photo - I love how you built up the layers, the beautiful sea colours are perfect and all those lovely circles really do draw the eye in - this is perfection in my eyes!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning layout, Georgie - most definitely a case of better late than never!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a stunning layout and I adore that colour scheme! Beautiful work as always my friend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fabulous! wow! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this LO, Georgie! What a great photo and you've showcased it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The circle work is stunning Georgie. Thank you for sharing your art with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The circle work is stunning Georgie. Thank you for sharing your art with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet story and what an INCREDIBLE design. The repetition of the circular shapes, the gorgeous vibrancy of those colors - Ah-Mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Georgie, this is such a precious LO with such tender meaning. Love it! Between you and me, I find the company blog hard to look at. With the grid format in different lengths and the photos highlighting when you hover it makes my eyes stress. I would love to follow if they did a continuous feed. Please pass along for me. <3 I mean this with love, because I follow on IG and love the new line! Thanks again for another round of lovely inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is simply exquisite! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  19. DROOLICIOUS! LOOOOOOOVE those stitched circles behind it all & the frame for the photo & the actual photo is super cute, too:) My step grandson and his Dad have just been kayaking last weekend.....3 miles round trip and LOVED it. GREAT holiday activity!!! Oh! And the flowers. I may not be able to 'do' them myself, but you totally ROCK them :):)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Georgie, you sure do make the most gorgeous layouts! So many wonderful details, and the colours are just amazing!! Hope you're having a wonderful summer. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this is just a perfect layout for the challenge, love the colorchoice and design!Thanks for taking part in the More Than Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Georgie! I haven't been by in such a long time and it is still a treat to visit your blog. Love your fabulous design❤️

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this layout!! It's stunning!! You did a fantastic job with our challenge!! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Exquisite !!! Perfection on a page !! Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOWW….stunningly beautiful…I am in love with it…a treat for the eyes indeed…Thank you so very much for playing along at more than words this month…xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this tender layout! The colors and design are perfect for this photo! Love those bitty flowers and that circle stamp! Gorgeous, hun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Georgie! This really is so beautiful! Your photo is perfectly highlighted - just as such a wonderful memory should be!Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow wow wow! i cant think of anything more eloquent right now lol. just wow!

    ReplyDelete